Jordans Village Community Store is an independent community store, owned, operated and controlled by the Village. It is run by a combination of part-time staff and volunteers from the local community.
It started in a very small way in the front room of one of the early workers' cottages by the Village Green.
In 1921, the brick building, now used as the Estate Office, was erected and a proper store opened.
The liquidation two years later of Jordans Village Industries Ltd, which threatened the Village's very existance, brought about the Store's closure; but almost immediately, some residents subscribed capital for opening a shop to take its place.
This took the form of a shed on land in front of the Village Hall and business was soon in full swing. In 1930, the Shop Committee felt justified in building a larger store on the site.
The store is now a general grocers, with green groceries, an off-licence, a sub post office and café.
It also serves as a natural meeting place for many of those living around the village, so why not come in and receive a warm welcome from our friendly staff and team of over 60 Village Store volunteers who are all eager to help you.